December 20, 2019 – Morristown, NJ
– Atlantic Health System’s commitment to always delivering the highest quality of care for our patients has once again earned the health care system the distinction of being named to the FORTUNE 100 Best Workplaces for Diversity list, coming in at #52. This marks the fourth consecutive year the organization has earned this accolade.
As a leading provider of health care in New Jersey with more than 17,000 team members, Atlantic Health System’s focus on diversity and inclusion has created an environment where everyone is valued, engaged and respected.
“Our diverse workforce supports Atlantic Health System’s commitment of delivering high quality care at the right time, at the right place and at the right cost,” said Brian Gragnolati, President and CEO
of Atlantic Health System. “Our dedication to value-based care is rooted in our fundamental belief that everyone should have access to care no matter what their zip code. Our patients and their families are part of the care team so it’s vital that we have an inclusive workforce that reflects the communities we serve.”
“At Atlantic Health System, we celebrate the diversity and uniqueness of everyone entering our network. Our workforce is a dynamic mix of diversity of thought, experiences and perspectives, so we can deliver extraordinary care for our patients,” said Armond Kinsey, Chief Diversity Officer, Atlantic Health System. “We’re focused on partnering with our communities to help close the gap on health disparities, so everyone has access to affordable, high-quality care.”
This recognition comes on the heels of Atlantic Health System being named a “Best Places to Work in Healthcare
” by Modern Healthcare magazine as well as earning the “LGBTQ Health Care Equality Leader
” designation and a top score of 100 on the Healthcare Equality Index from the Human Rights Campaign Foundation. In addition, Atlantic Health System was named to the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list for 11 years in a row
Atlantic Health System celebrates a diverse workforce, inclusive of varying demographics such as female leaders and physicians, an increase in minority executives and a focus on veteran and disabled team members as well. The company has partnerships with organizations to help attract and retain diverse talent including Garden State Equality, National Hispanic Nurses Association, National Black Nurses Association and Project SEARCH.
Atlantic Health System is committed to providing resources to create unique experiences that meet dynamic needs of every individual. The inclusive environment offers team members an ever-growing variety of programs to expand their career development goals, including:
- On-site training and development programs, certification programs and Professional Advancement Clinical Tracks program.
- Tuition reimbursement and discounts on tuition and textbooks to build their academic credentials
- A Career Readiness Program for entry level team members to earn college credits
- The AHS Alumni Club invites retirees to come back to work on a per diem or temporary basis and benefit from flexible work arrangements and extra income.
- Women’s Leadership Council provides guidance and opportunities for development for women across the system.